Saturday, December 23, 2006

Daily update – all the stuff’s the same

The Creepy One™ has been looking tired for no reason whatsoever, so I let him sleep until 4:30 AM today and only reminded him how awesome I am once an hour until he got out of bed and fed me. He’s sticking to the after 7:00 AM morning feedings, but I think I can wear him down eventually. In addition to nonstop meowing (I actually made myself hoarse this morning) and poking, I’ve added licking to my repertoire. Who doesn’t enjoy the sandpapery tongue of love?

Another cat came to my porch today, but didn’t challenge my supremacy like the last one. We started to chat, but TCO slammed the glass door shut. It’s just as well – she was pretty (I’m partial to redheads – it’s a minor Oedipus complex), but a real airhead. “I’m starving. I’m freezing to death out here.” Me, me, me. I can’t stand a needy cat.

TCO then measured me to see if I would fit in his microwave (I did – yay!) and called the Sanyo people to ask them the proper setting for cat. They said the popcorn button works well for them. I’m not sure what that all meant, but it will doubtless lead to me getting fed and petted. Afterwards, he went to work. He still looks tired despite the three hours of sleep I gave him, but I’m sure they let him nap at the office so it’s not a problem if I take 110% of his time when he’s in my apartment.

Did I mention how awesome I am?

2 comments:

Kira said...

Yes, you're right, Chian. They always let him nap at work so you're set! Did you lick his arm until it bleeds yet? That's real love.

Chian said...

Kira - I tried, but he retreated under the covers. It's almost as if he doesn't relish my attention.